Why partner with GCF
When you work with GCF, you will not only have access to a host of charitable giving options for your clients, but also a committed staff with extensive knowledge of the community and the latest trends in philanthropy.
Take a look at the many benefits of working with us:
- Personalized service: We work with you to develop a giving approach that matches your clients' interests and addresses their tax-planning needs. We help integrate charitable giving and engage family members.
- Community knowledge: We are here to help you make the most of your giving. We monitor all areas of community need so that when you are ready to explore opportunities for giving, we can connect your interests with nonprofits creating effective change.
- Investment expertise: Through its affiliation with the Community Foundation in Richmond, GCF is involved in a unique investment partnership with the University of Richmond and Spider Management Company LLC, investment manager for the university's endowment. This partnership gives us access to a mature, well-diversified investment portfolio managed by a seasoned staff with an excellent performance record.
- Experience with non-cash gifts: In addition to gifts of cash and marketable securities, we accept gifts of real estate, closely held businesses and other non-cash assets. We offer trusteeship for charitable trusts where GCF is a beneficiary and we handle trust and private foundation terminations.
- Accountability: As responsible stewards of your gift, we preserve and execute donor intent during your lifetime and beyond. We conduct a full review of all nonprofits prior to grant distributions and we maintain communication with these agencies to ensure that your wishes are fulfilled.
- Flexibility: While we focus on the needs of Gloucester, we can make grants to charities outside the region.
- Convenience: You have 24/7 access to your fund information. You can submit online grant recommendations, view your fund balance and review transaction history. You can make additional contributions to your grant via credit card.
- Anonymity: We can establish a fund, accept a gift or make a grant in a way that will protect your privacy.
In a nutshell, we make your job easier. To learn more about GCF, call 804-438-9414 or email Margaret Nost, Regional Director.